Two former competitive exercisers went big last weekend on the platform. How big? Big enough to rank them both in the top ten in the world, numbers 1 and 2 in America, and to break a whole lot of records.
If you’d told me this in 2009…
1) 5X1 Paused Clean (3 count pause at knee) + 1 Paused Hang Clean (3 count pause in hang at knee) – work to a near maximal complex, rest as needed
2) 5X3 Split Jerk (with 3 count OH hold in split) – work to a max triple with a definite 3 count hold, rest as needed
1a) 4X60 sec. Ring L-Sit Hold – rest 90 sec.
1b) 4X15 Strict HSPU (go for a big unbroken set to start, then see how long it takes to complete the 15 reps) – rest 90 sec.
1) 2X500M Row @ 90% of fastest 500m – rest 1:2
2) 2X1000M Row @ same pace as #1 – rest 1:1
3) 2X500M Row @ AFAP – rest 1:1