1) Snatch from mid thigh – 1×3@50%, 1×3@60%, 1×3@70%, 2×3@80%, 1×3@70%
2) Jerk drives – 1×3@70%, 1×3@80%, 1×3@90%, 1×3@100%, 1×3@110%, 1×3@120%
3) 3 position clean (1 each top down) – 1×3@60%, 1×3@70%, 1×3@80%, 2×3@85%, 1×3@75%
4) Rdl (%1rm clean) – 1×3@60%, 1×3@70%, 1×3@80%, 2×3@90%, 1×3@80%
What should I do about jerk drives if my jerk is way more than I squat. 120% will be about 75lbs more than my front squat 1RM
There’s no squat involved with the jerk drive so you shouldn’t have to worry about that. You’re racking the bar on your shoulders, quick dip, drive the bar as if you’re jerking but don’t go into the full jerk, just let it come back to you’re shoulders and repeat. You should be standing upright for the whole movement aside from the dip before launch and the dip to recieve the bar for some cushion (you’re back should be upright still, just some bending at the knees).
Yep. What Rick said.
Today sucks. I’m fried. Missed the first 3pos clean at 85%, hit the second tho.
1) Based on 240# – Missed the last rep on the final set of 70%. Redid the set and got all of them. I think the 90% sets were new 3rms for hang snatches.
2) Based on 300# – No misses. That being said, that was one of the most intense experiences I’ve had lifting. Setting the bar on my shoulder at 120% caused me to briefly black out. When I came to I was still standing with the weight. I couldn’t feel anything from the neck down. I just kind of visualized the movement and fortunately it happened but I couldn’t feel anything (not even the bar landing back on my shoulders). When I reracked the bar things went black again, the room then spun for about a minute but I came back with full feeling. Felt really wrecked after that.
3) Based on 275# – Missed the last rep on the first set of 85%. Quickly reset on got the final rep in. No other misses.
4) Based on 275# – No misses.
You weren’t kiddig about this being a rough week. Looking forward to knocking out today’s work, devouring some food, and falling asleep on the couch as soon as I get home.
Snatches: missed 3rd rep of second set at 80%, no other misses. Off of 225.
Jerk Drives: HEAVY! Off 275, the set at 120% felt like the weight of the world haha.
3 pos Clean: Missed from the 2nd position on second set at 85%. Made all others.
Did some heavy cleans pulls instead of RDL’s. Sets of 3 up to 320lbs.
Threw in some dips after and now I’m tired.
1) Hit all reps no issues. Based on 165#
2)Hit all reps no issues. Based on 225#
3)Hit all reps no issues. Based on 235# (Not sure if I did this right or not. I counted each position as one rep)
4)Hit all reps no issues. Based on 235# (This felt pretty light to me)