Fun stuff first. It was just revealed that MDUSA’s Travis Cooper will be lifting in the 77kg weight class at Nationals. And if you didn’t watch the live feed of their Spring Open meet this weekend, this is the lift that everyone has been talking about.
The next phase of our cycle will include Jerk Recoveries. I want to make you all aware ahead of time so you can make sure you have a good set-up. At Outlaw HQ, we initially tried to do Jerk Recoveries with just J-hooks on our rig. That was a little like playing basketball with a #250 barbell and a reeeaallly small hoop. I don’t recommend it. Side Note: That was our girls’ weight. You will (or should) be doing these at weights higher then your max jerk. There are, however, 3 setups to Jerk Recoveries I would recommend:
We will have an instructional video when the time comes, but if you don’t know what Jerk Recoveries are, for now just know that the barbell will need to be set up at forehead height.
1. Two regular sets of wooden jerk blocks or one set with extra pieces you can make really high.
2. Safety bars inside your rig or power rack.
3. Monster arms. This is what we have at Outlaw HQ. We got ours from MDUSA to go along with our rig, but Rogue sells them as well. They arrived in just a few days after we ordered them.
Aside from just allowing you to drop the barbell from the top of your overhead position, the other advantage of the setups above is that if you miss, you won’t have to strip the bar to re-rack it and then reload it. Overall it is much more convenient and safe.
1) Snatch from blocks (power position): work to a 3rm (drop each rep and reset quickly) – 1×3@95%, 1×3@90%
DEMO VIDEO: Snatch From Blocks at Power Position
2) Snatch: 5×3@90% of 3rm from Tuesday (non-T&G, reset quickly after drop)
1) 3-Stop Snatch Pull (2 count pause at each position): 5×3@90% of 3rm from Tuesday
2) 5 SN Grip Behind-the-Neck Push Press + 3 Overhead Squats: work to a 1rm for Complex – 1×5+3@95%, 1×5+3@90%.
The rest day yesterday was exactly what i needed to get over my sickness
1.) 80 kg
2.) 92 kg no misses
2.) 100 kg (+10 kg)
All back off sets complete, good day!
1)225 + 5 last week
drop sets done
Snatch: 230 +5
From Floor: 205
Sn Grp PP + OHS: 220
1) 125 lbs
2) 115 lbs
2) 115 lbs
All drop sets done.
Very sore from Wednesday 5×5 squats.
1) 3RM @70kg
2) 5×3 @55kg
1) 5×3 @80kg
2) 5+3 @62,5kg